Leveraging brand-owned communities to fuel DTC growth
Creating a community for your DTC/eCommerce brand can be powerful. Here are some tips on how to set one up and how to maximize value from your community.
- “Brand exclusives and community go hand-in-hand for brands. You need a great offer to get customers in your community.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “Communities can be brand-owned or not brand-owned. It just depends on the bandwidth you have.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “If you decide to create a brand-owned community, build it where your audience is. Don’t just build it on Facebook because it’s Facebook.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “Communities can be a great source of product feedback. They can tell you what new products they want next too.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “Make sure to have a qualification process on how to decide when customers can enter your exclusive community.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [00:45] Driving community and how it relates to exclusives
- [01:30] Benefits to offer to your community
- [02:40] Brands that do a great job with exclusives and community
- [04:45] Brand-owned communities vs non-brand owned communities
- [05:05] Companies that have brand-owned communities
- [06:35] How to build brand-owned communities
- [08:55] Advantages of building communities
- [11:05] What you need to run a community
Brand communities - it’s time to start building one if you haven’t
Everybody knows the power of community. So why is it that some brands don’t invest in it?
Brand communities can be a powerful tool when done right. They can be great sources of feedback, recurring revenue, and even reduce support tickets.
A good community feeds off of each other and acts like an extra employee and a super customer, spreading the word about your brand and buying up a lot of products.
Communities can be either brand-owned or not brand-owned. There’s no right or wrong choice between the two. They are just different.
To get people to buy into your community though, you might need to sweeten your offer
Stay tuned as we discuss where to build communities, what’s a brand-owned community, brands that are crushing community, and more.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
Great DTC brand communities: https://socialladderapp.com/2020/02/11/4-dtc-brand-communities-we-love/
Steps to build online communities: https://www.bigcommerce.com/blog/online-communities/#7-steps-for-building-an-online-community