Learn what big brands are doing to innovate in the direct-to-consumer space (with Orchid Bertelsen, Head of Digital Strategy & Innovation at Nestlé USA)
Web 3.0 is enabling strong innnovation at CPG brands. See how Nestle is leading the charge with innovation and what new projects they have lined up to improve experience.
- “Trust breeds bravery, and when you're in innovation you're asking a lot of your clients and your customers to take a leap of faith with you” @OrchidBertelsen #DTCPOD
- “Your agency is only going to be as good as you let them” @OrchidBertelsen #DTCPOD
- “Every opportunity where someone is seeing your brand for either the first time or the 10th time is an opportunity to convert them.” @OrchidBertelsen #DTCPOD
- “When it comes to the Metaverse and towing into this digital world, we have to think beyond product placement.” @OrchidBertelsen #DTCPOD
- “A successful brand that is going to play in the digital space knows their consumer extremely well, but also knows most importantly the parameters and the confines of their brand.” @OrchidBertelsen #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [00:53] Orchid introduces herself and Nestle
- [03:10] Past experiences that strengthen a skillset in brand strategy and innovation
- [06:57] The shift in marketing and why commerce is everybody’s job
- [09:51] Embracing digital change
- [11:30] Ideation does not equal innovation
- [15:31] Success metrics for emerging technologies
- [21:07] Up and coming technologies to get excited about
- [24:40] What’s emerging in the CPG space for digital products
- [28:47] Pushing brands into new places to maintain relevance
- [33:52] What’s next for Nestle and where to find Orchid online
Technology is continually changing and DTC must keep up
Orchid Bertelsen, head of Consumer Experience Strategy & Innovation at Nestle, joins the POD to give some insight into emerging technologies and marketing strategies from a large brand perspective
Nestle is one the world’s largest food and beverage companies, passionate about unlocking the power of food to enhance quality of life for everyone
Orchid has a unique skill set in marketing technologies, and understands that technology is innovating faster than ever before and if brands want to stay top of mind for consumers they have to keep up.
Her role involves analyzing, creating, and implementing the success metrics for digital marketing
Orchid recognizes that as the commerce world becomes increasingly competitive, a brand has to strategically think about where they are trying to get to and then build a plan that is differentiated enough to get them there
Sometimes in DTC, You have to keep up
Orchid Bertelson dives into her knowledge of the digital marketing world and how stay top of mind for consumers
She emphasizes her success at Nestle involves an understanding that consumers are given a platform like never before and it is important to listen while creating a workspace where everyone understands commerce is part of their job.
Orchid breaks down why performance metrics for innovation are difficult to measure and how to analyze them.
She has fostered further success by focusing on new business models and keeping a close eye on emerging technology.
Orchid recommends fostering trust with customers to further their customer experience
Stay tuned as Orchid discusses great customer experiences from a large brand perspective and innovation.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
Orchid Bertelson’s twitter: https://twitter.com/OrchidBertelsen