Key takeaways from Native deodorant's growth from 0 to $100M in 2.5 years
Going from $0 to $1M is hard. Going from $0 to $100M, even harder. Here are some takeaways from how Native deodorant was able to experience high growth.
- “Native deodorant went from zero to selling for $100M in 2.5 years.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “It's important to have sustainable growth. Sometimes businesses die from not having enough customers and sometimes businesses die from having way too many customers at once.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “Nail down that product and provide a really good experience and a really good product that people are going to repurchase from, before you think about expanding your line.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “You have to focus on where you are getting the most money from time spent, per dollar spent and how you can double down and grow and scale that channel. ” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “The big points from this growth story are standing out from the crowd with a bold message, really understanding your customers and building your business in a way that builds repeatable business.” @jadesai #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [00:56] How focusing in on profitable purchases led to high customer retention
- [01:48] Curating meaningful hero products
- [02:51] The benefits of modifying a product through customer feedback
- [04:26] The importance of sustainable growth
- [05:27] Marketing strategies that led to strong brand retention
- [07:00] How deep customer understanding can drive more product usage
- [07:59] Key points in Native’s growth story
In DTC, brand growth starts with listening to the people
Customer retention is a key strategy that leads to brand growth, but this element is not as simple as it sounds
So how do you create a meaningful product that will build the brand and accumulate repeat purchases?
Native Deodorant mastered just this by reaching an exponential brand growth in only two-and-a-half years with a 50% retention rate.
The strategy for building such a successful business in a small period of time includes valuing every customer feedback and using this info to make their product better.
Stay tuned as we discuss when to expand your brand and when to not, and additional key points for promoting repeat purchases.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.