Acquiring eCommerce and DTC customers organically
Traditionally, most eCommerce and DTC brands acquired customers through paid ads. Now more are doing organic customer acquisition. Here's how.
- “Paid advertising should be complementary to organic efforts instead of being the main driver.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “If you’re able to acquire customers for 50% less, you can put that money back into your brand to grow your product line, do more research, or use it to support your community.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “You should work on decreasing customer acquisition cost and increasing AOV.” @ramongberrios #DTCPOD
- “Feedback that you get for your product is so critical that if you're acquiring customers that aren’t going to use your product, you could be harming future growth” @ramongberrios #DTCPOD
- “Great storytelling can lead to recommendations even from people who aren’t users of your product.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [01:00] The switch from paid acquisition to organic
- [01:35] How creators are building brands with their audiences
- [02:35] Who is performance marketing for?
- [03:15] Thinking about CAC differently
- [04:05] What can do you outside of dropping CAC to maximize organic growth
- [05:10] Understanding your acquisition
- [06:05] How organic growth fuels AOV
- [06:30] How to acquire customers organically
- [08:00] Building in public and its relation to organic growth
- [09:35] Effective storytelling and audience growth
- [12:05] Tips for finding more of your audience
- [13:00] Building your audience in the best way for your brand and yourself
Organic acquisition is the best way to create sustainable growth
Jay and Ramon discuss organic acquisition on this episode of the DTC POD.
Traditionally, brands have used paid marketing (or performance marketing) to acquire customers. With performance marketing, the brand’s goal is to acquire as many customers as possible at the lowest cost possible.
Now we’re starting to see brands shift to creating their own tribe and working harder to create organic growth.
Organic growth has great benefits for eCommerce brands. Organic customers generally have higher AOV over time, are more likely to repurchase, and are more likely to refer your brand.
To build an organic channel for growth, you’re going to have to be an effective storyteller and work on building your brand.
Stay tuned as we discuss strategies to acquire customers organically, how to think about customer acquisition, and how to tell an effective story
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
Zillion Beers podcast: https://trend.io/blog/podcast-zillion-beers-mike-bloomberg