Tips for using Pinterest as a brand awareness channel (with Lynn Power, Co-Founder and CEO of MASAMI)
Most DTC brands jump to Facebook and Instagram. But Pinterest is another social media platform that can be valuable for eCommerce brands.
- “That's the beauty of Pinterest. You don't have to spend a lot. It's a very, very low spend platform.” @lynnpowered #DTCPOD
- “Out of all the social platforms there are, Pinterest is the one that has the most empathy and the most positivity.” @lynnpowered #DTCPOD
- “There's lots of things you can do with no money, unpaid social being an obvious one and creating your own content.” @lynnpowered #DTCPOD
- “And then partnerships. That's the other thing you can do, which costs nothing. We have partnered with a bunch of like minded brands, other clean beauty brands, other luxury brands, other female founded brands.” @lynnpowered #DTCPOD
- “We're all about sustainability. We make products that are good for you and good for the environment.” @lynnpowered #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [01:11] Lynn introduces herself and MASAMI
- [02:55] How the brand got started
- [06:31] Utilizing Pinterest to build brand awareness
- [09:08] Navigating Pinterest as a developing social commerce tool
- [11:49] Digital marketing techniques to promote product purchase
- [13:54] How the brand progressed to paid advertising
- [16:11] Content creation mechanisms to foster brand growth
- [19:55] The benefits of promoting brand through Pinterest
- [24:23] Additional social media strategies to build the brand
- [27:00] How partnerships can add value to a brand
- [28:50] How MASAMI used Pinterest to help promote giveaways
- [30:31] Future of MASAMI and its growth
- [31:05] Where to find MASAMI online
How MASAMI built a brand awareness channel with Pinterest
Lynn Power, co-founder and CEO of MASAMI, joins the POD to share a little bit about the haircare’s marketing strategies and utilizing Pinterest to foster brand awareness.
MASAMI is a premium hair care line with a unique ingredient and clean formulation, promoting brand recognition through partnerships and social media platfroms.
However, the co-founder and CEO saw Pinterest as an underused advertising source, and used this platform to create brand awareness and test different types of content forms.
Tapping into user-generated content and product content to grow
MASAMI stands out in the beauty industry by promoting sustainable and clean beauty products. While differentiating through a unique ingredient, Mekabu, MASAMI promotes this quality through their many channels.
MASAMI has tapped into the online media platforms as their main source of brand promotion; However, Lynn took this a step further by using Pinterest as a social commerce tool.
Pinterest offers a different perspective for brand recognition, and this community provides insight into MASAMI’s products while merging with other media platforms to create a purchase point.
Lynn recommends partnerships as another advertising technique that can add value to your brand. This is a technique MASAMI uses to support other start up businesses and add value to its own.
Stay tuned as Lynn discusses how MASAMI uses social media platforms in a unique way to advertise their brand and gain a following.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
MASAMI’s website: https://www.loveMASAMI.com/
MASAMI’s Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/loveMASAMIhair/
Mamai’s Instagram: https://instagram.com/loveMASAMIhair/