A bulletproof competitor research strategy your DTC brand can do for free
You shouldn't worry about your competitors, but you also should pay attention to them. Here are some spots to research what your competing DTC brands do.
- “Know a couple or at least one brand that you want to check out and then look at some other brands related to it for competitive research.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “Tiktok can be a great discovery source for finding what products are working really well on their platform and popular hashtags.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
- “If you go into Twitter and type in the name of a product, you can search for other similar products as well.” @jadesai94 #DTCPOD
We Speak About:
- [01:01] How to use Facebook for competitive research
- [02:05] Navigating instagram for landing pages and product research
- [02:51] A resource to identify new brands on the rise and brand research
- [03:24] Using TikTok as a discovery source
- [04:26] How to use Twitter for product comparison
- [05:16] Up and coming marketplaces
How to get an undercover look at your DTC competitors
Creating a product that differentiates itself in the market is a key strategy that leads to brand growth, but this element is not as simple as it sounds.
First you have to look at your competition to know what you're dealing with, but how do you go about this?
This can be done through competitor research, knowing what similar brands are doing and their strategies for growth and retention will help you learn about the market.
There are numerous sources beneficial for finding competitors, and these sources can provide insight into what’s working for a brand, whether it's ads, their websites, trending products, or more.
Stay tuned as we discuss media platforms useful for researching brands and how to navigate them.
If you’d like to learn more about Trend and our influencer marketing platform for influencers and brands visit trend.io. You can also follow us for tips on growing your following and running successful campaigns on Instagram and LinkedIn.
Facebook ads library: https://www.facebook.com/ads/library/
Nextbrand trending brands: https://www.nexttbrand.com/